I am travelling to london in a few weeks... Any tips on places to visit?
25 tips off the top of my head…
1.Plan to visit North, East, West and South London. London is not just the Big Ben and Buckingham palace .
2. You are bound to shop at Primark so pack light …
3. Save money and buy an Oyster card or a weekly /monthly travelcard. Avoid pay as you go / single fares.
4.Walk back and forth up Tower bridge and then visit the Tower of London.
5. Visit Portobello Market on Saturday, then Brick Lane on Sunday. You are
6. Eat at Nando’s .
7. Forget fish and chips. Eat 4 wings and chips from Morley’s.
8. Go up the Shard. I haven’t been yet , let me know how the view looks.
9. If you can’t afford the Shard, try the lift at Heron Towers in Liverpool street .
10. Walk along the southbank .
11. If you are in London during late August, attend Nottingham Hill Carnival . Do not bring anything expensive. Do not wear anything expensive . You have been warned.
12. Eat a Pattie when in Brixton . Lamb, Beef or Chicken?
13. Ride a Boris Barclays Bike . Avoid riding it around the Bow Flyover area. Google to know why.
14. Party at a Nigerian club night …… Seriously !!
15. Party in Dalson ! Try Birthdays, The Nest and Alibi e.t.c
16. You don’t even need to buy anything but at least visit a Rough Trade store.
17. Watch Jeremy Kyle on ITV1 . You will thank God for your blessings .
18. The tube may get you nearly everywhere but walking is better. You’ll find things I haven’t included in this list.
19. Avoid black cabs. I understand you’ve never seen one before and always wanted to ride in one but the meter starts at £15. Take a picture in front of one if that will make you happy
20. Visit London Zoo .
21. Visit Shakespeare ‘s Globe.
22. Go to the Victoria and Albert Museum, British Museum, Photographer’s Gallery , Whitechapel’s Gallery e.t.c
23. Spend a Sunday Afternoon in Greenwich. You’ll love the Cutty Sark and Maritime Museum.
24. Chill at Hackney Wick.
25. Seriously, Buy an Oyster Card.Hope you have a great time, Anon! Love Tracy S.